As many of you know we built a brand new cottage with friends of ours and we’re opening it up for rent. It is located on Fawn Lake in the Muskokas, between Bracebridge and Huntsville in beautiful Port Sydney. It has four bedrooms, two full bathrooms, mudroom with washer and dryer, open concept kitchen and family room with satellite television in main room and upstairs family room.
We are totally booked for the summer of 2013. If you are interested in an upcoming fall/winter week/weekend or a week in the summer of 2014 please email me at the link below. It can sleep 12 (8 twin beds & 2 queen beds). Ideal for two families. Internet, cleaning service and taxes included. $2000.00 week. A $500.00 deposit is due to hold your week (non-refundable should you decide to cancel) and the remaining balance is due two months prior to your arrival date. Weekend & winter rates coming soon! No Pets allowed. Water filtration system built into the kitchen sink.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more details.
We purchased it in the fall of 2013 so please stay tuned for the summer pics. New deck coming soon! Situated up on a hill, the view of the lake is beautiful!
-all leather, easy to clean furniture
Things to do:
Warm Weather Activities:
- Spend some time down by the beach. The private beach is located directly across the road from the cottage. FawnLake is one of the smaller lakes in the Muskokas and vey shallow and great for children.
- Kayaking. We have lifejackets, two adult Kayaks available for you to use as well as three children Kayaks that can hold up to 150 pounds.
- Enjoy some fishing – Fawn lake is known for smallmouth bass, largemouth bass. FawnLake located right beside BuckLake and is also fed by the KasheRiver which trickles from the north not far from the MuskokaRiver.
- Do some hiking/walking – find out more about it on the Ontario Trails Map website.
- Take a drive to Bracebridge (about 10 minutes away) to see some Waterfalls.
- High Falls water park in Bracebridge
- VistEagle Crest Ariel Park, where you can go for a night climb, zipline through the forest, monkey walks and more!
- Boat around FawnLake – use the supplied canoe at the cottage or bring your own boat! There is a public launch just a few cottages down the street.
- Go to the drive-in at the Muskoka Drive-in Theatre!
- Eat a fantastic burger at Webers “world famous” burgers (about a 25 minute drive from the cottage)
- Go to the “Zoo” – Muskoka Wildlife Centre (only 10 minutes away!)
- Take a boat cruise around one of the lakes – The Segwun (Gravenhurst), Lady Muskoka cruises (bracebridge)
- Go to “Santa’s Village” family entertainment park. Great stuff to do including a fairground with rides, go-karts, batting cage, mini-golf, laser tag, and arcade.
- Visit one of the farmer’s markets – the Gravenhurst market, the Bracebridge market or the Mariposa Market in Orillia
- Enjoy some summer concerts at The Kee to Bala – a tradition since 1942
- Do some golfing – Bracebridge Golf Club and Driving Range, Taboo resort, spa & golf, Muskoka Highlands, Horseshoe Valley Resort, Lake St. George Golf, Evergreen Golf Centre
And for those unfortunate rainy days:
- Experience culinary theatre at Taboo Resort
- Go to a spa – Taboo resort, spa & golf
- Go to the movies at the Norwood Theatre, since 1926 or the
- Go cottage-country shopping – Visit the Muskoka Store – open all year round and spread over 35,000 square feet and hosting everything you could ever need to remind you of your time in the Muskokas
- Go see a movie for charity Spinning Reels is a Bracebridge-based not-for-profit group bringing great movies to Muskoka. Their movies run on the second and fourth Monday of most months, September to May.
- Take your family to the Old Station Restaurant in Bracebridge. One of the most beloved fixtures serving a wide range of food in a casual atmosphere.